ADVANCED YOGA SEQUENCING IMMERSION: 100 Hrs
Transform and heal with Gopi and Braja. 10 day retreat in Colombia. March 15th - 26th 2019. $1450.
Extract yourself from your everyday life and join Gopi and Braja at the Eco Bhakti retreat center in Colombia where we will learn the science to sequencing. This 100 hour advanced teacher training module will give you the tools, knowledge and confidence to craft sequences suited for a wide range of clients and audiences, from advanced level studio classes, to an individual needing therapy for a basic common injury or repetitive movement pattern, to a group desiring a slower pace that incorporates elements of restorative and yin yoga. Each day will also include spiritual discussions, meditation, mantra recitation and kirtan, as experiencing and exploring spiritual practices boosts clarity, intuition, empowering healing and wisdom. Special talks will be given by Dhanurdhara Swami, a monk from the Bhakti tradition. In a 10-day immersion setting in beautiful Colombia, we'll focus on the following topics:
Advanced Sequencing and Mandala Formation
- Building an advanced class that unfolds towards a peak yoga posture
- “Families” of asanas that gradually take a student deeper
- Creating circular Mandala sequences that flow organically, break down preconceived ideas and stimulate prana
- Using hands-on assists to deepen the desired effect
The Art of Adaptation for Therapeutic Needs
- How adaptations create different objectives and results
- Working one-on-one to address an individual’s physical, mental and emotional needs
- Composing short practices or sequences to achieve maximum recovery
- Yoga as a preventive method, rather than a fitness practice
- How to deepen a desired effect and change using hands-on assists and therapeutic props
- How to use chairs, blocks, straps and other props for various adaptive purposes
Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Modifying poses so they calm the nervous system and allow students to relax
- Working with the breath to slow down and deepen the practice
Tuition of $1450 covers instruction, training manual, all meals, accommodations in shared rooms and group airport transfers. (If needed, airport pick up/drop off outside arranged group travel times can be arranged for a small additional fee.)
The Ashram's address is:
Shyam Ashram - Yoga and Meditation Cali.
Yoga classes in Cali, Meditation and Vegetarian Cuisine.
Carrera 129 # 18 A 00, Barrio Pance, Cali - Colombia
Airport: Alfonso Bonilla Aragon - Cali. The airport is 45 min from the Ashram. Pick up will be arranged in 2 main groups. If it is outside group pick up hours an additional charge of $25 added for individual pick up