300 hour Teacher training Modules
Module 6: Yoga and Ayurveda
- Ayurveda, the study of the constitutions or doshas, and how to balance them through lifestyle, diet, work and yoga.
- The effects of food on consciousness, the process of cooking using ayurvedic herbs and spices and compatible combinations of foodstuffs to create mind-body balance.
Module 7: Yoga for depression and anxiety
- Using yoga as a means to help stabilize moods and combat feelings of depression and anxiety.
- How Ayurvedic constitutions affect emotional states, and the holistic approach of using postures, pranayama, meditation, mantra and affirmations as tools to eventually access the root cause of depression.
Module 8: Chakra healing and marma points
Module 9: Bhakti 2
- Power of sacred sound and pranayama in movement.
- Mantra music, stories.
- Advanced Bhagavad Gita studies.
- Different ways to chant mantras through kirtan, japa and pranayama.
- Basics of playing harmonium
Module 1: Yoga Sequencing (the art of adapting a yoga posture to create a desired change)
- How to adapt a yoga posture to serve an individual’s needs
- How adaptations create a different objectives and results
- How to create sequences for private sessions
- How to work one-on- one and address an individual’s physical, mental and emotional needs
- How to compose short practices or sequences to achieve maximum recovery
- Yoga as a preventive method, rather than a fitness practice
Module 2: Advanced sequencing (Mandala formation and the art of Yoga assisting
- The art of creating circular Mandala sequences that organically flow, break down preconceived ideas and stimulate prana.
- Seeing the body as a sacred vessel and how muscles work in unison.
- How to deepen a desired effect and change using hands-on assists and therapeutic props.
Module 3: Yin and Restorative Yoga, chair adaptations (The art of adapting a yoga posture to create a change)
Module 4: Yoga and Pranayama
- Advanced breathwork (pranayama), including how to increase thresholds through retention and suspension of breath, or Aloma and Viloma breath.
- How to use pranayama to create emotional balance
- How to sequence according to desired result: cooling, heating, cleansing, energizing.
Module 5: Bhakti 1 (Yoga Philosophy)
- Dive into the river of Bhakti through Mantra (sound and movement), Puja (ritual and sacred space), Lila (sacred stories), Sadhana (practice) and Prasad (sacred food). Provides a brief overview of the elements that bring the practice of Bhakti or devotional yoga alive.